Friday, September 11, 2009

Dining Day!

I was up bright and early this morning to get our Advance Dining Reservations for our December Anniversary Trip!
I was disappointed at first because I couldn't get exactly what I wanted on the days I wanted, but I decided to switch around a couple of days so it is going to work out for the best!

So, here is the final itinerary!

Day One: Arrive and Check-In at Pop Century Resort


Evening: Dinner at The Crystal Palace.
This is a character meal with Pooh and Friends, but I have been told you do not have to interact if you don't want! lol. We chose it more for the food because the MENU looks delicious! And since it is a buffet, we can store up lots of energy for...


Day Two:
This is where I made adjustments. We were going to spend all day at Epcot with extra magic hours in the evening (open till 12:30am!) but I could not get the dining reservation I wanted for Epcot on this day. SO, I decided to just switch it around and instead we are going to do Disney's Hollywood Studios this day. I think it will work out great because all the advice says to avoid the parks with extra magic hours anyway...

Our lunch this day will be at Captain's Grille at the Yacht Club Resort. It is a short boat ride away from Hollywood Studios, so that will be something fun to do! The MENU here looks great also! Seafood and more!



I also made an end of the night reservation at the Sci-Fi Dine in Theater.
Doesn't it look FUN?!
We will probably just grab a snack/appetizer here.
We wanted to experience it more than anything!



Day Three:
We will spend this entire day experiencing Christmas at
Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure!
They have a "mini" Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
(with actual balloons from the parade!) and a Christmas Grinch Show. I can't wait!




Both of those parks close relatively early, so we will head over for a late dinner at Boma.
This was at the top of my list! I loved it last time we went and can't wait to do it again!

The MENU is exotic and delicious!



Last Day:
Our last day we will spend at Epcot.
I worked our day at Epcot around the availability of dining at Le Cellier (in the Canada area). It is boasted as THE best place to dine at Disney World, so I hope it does not disappoint! The MENU definitely sounds great!
I actually ate at this restaurant MANY years ago when I went to Epcot with my family, but that was a long time ago and before the Disney Dining Plan and making reservations!
Instead of posting a photo of the restaurant, I found this photo of a dessert offered there.

Doesn't it look yummy?! (and cute!)


Besides these reserved meals, we also have a Counter Service meal and a snack each day included with our FREE dining plan! From looking at the menus, it seems we will spend about $60 in tips out of pocket. Oh, plus whatever we spend on our out of pocket late night snack at Sci-Fi Dine In. NOT BAD for FOUR days worth of food at Disney World for two people!


2 comments:

Nicholas Anderson said...

Yes I've been to Disney world 26 times. I have learned that the food is supper.
Nicholas Anderson
North Carolina

Tea with Tiffany said...

Very cool.

Are you coming to the Free to be Me Bloggers Retreat?

I saw you won a ticket.

If so, I look forward to meeting you face to face.