Thursday, February 7, 2008

Who was I kidding?

Of course I have time to post before we leave! I was awake at 4:45am! The fireplace is completely covered with "stuff" ready to go out the door.

I didn't mean to get up at 4:45. About that time my husband kicked something off the chest at the foot of our bed and it woke us both up. It was a stack of board games that I hadn't put back up in the closet. He immediately, amazingly almost instantly went back to sleep.

So...at that point I started thinking about all the stuff I had left to do. We were at church last night and I was tired, so I didn't get everything all ready to go last night. Therefore, finally at 5:15am I gave up trying to go back to sleep and got up to finish cleaning the bathrooms, kitchen, and finish packing.

We plan on putting the kids straight in the car....I dressed them in some sweat outfits that would be comfy in the car today. Then, maybe we will hit up Cracker Barrel on the way out. YUM!

See you in approximately 12-14 hours or maybe tomorrow night. It depends on how quickly and successfully our search for a Walmart goes this evening. Hopefully we will get there in time for a quick dip in the pool!

If you are reading this, please say a prayer for easy and safe travels for us today!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So excited for you! Can't wait to hear all about the trip! We will be praying for safe travels!
Amy