Thursday, February 19, 2009

Photopass Pictures!

Our Photopass CD came in the mail today! YAY! That was FAST!!!! Here are *some* of the 400 photos from our trip! I am making this slideshow big so you can see the photos well...sorry it will make the blog look bad, oh well. I have about 3 different versions of each photo, so I mixed it up with putting in ones with borders, black and white, etc. Oh, one more thing...yes there are more photos of Katie than Noah in this, but all the time she was getting these photos taken he was riding rides with Corey...so you make your choices! ha ha!



For those of you who do not know what in the world I am talking about:
When you visit any Walt Disney World Park, there are photographers walking around offering to take your photo. They are all over the parks, especially in front of the big icons like the castle, Mickey hat, etc. They are even in different locations "around" those things for getting different points of view. They will also be with many of the characters you can meet and get autographs from, etc. Mainly just the "big" ones like Mickey, princesses, and people like that. They had a photographer at the Jedi training as well as in the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique.
Well, these photos are for sale, of course, for a ridiculously overpriced amount, like $12.95 for a 4x6 or something. They can add borders, you know, do the "tourist" photo thing.
OR you can purchase ALL the photos from your entire trip on a CD for $99 (pre-order price, non-preorder is $125). This may seem like a steep price, but it is WAY cheaper than buying them individually. You can get as many photos as you want on the CD for the same price. The photopass studio people told us of a family from the UK that came for two weeks and ended up with about 7000 photos on 9 CDs....same price...$99. So it can be as good of a deal as you want it to be. You do still have to pay to get the prints at your own convenience, but then you own the photos and can do what you want with them, you have the copyright release for them.
We knew before our trip we were going to get the CD...it made things much easier. Their photographers start taking photos (most of the time) as soon as you enter a character greeting area so get some candids as well as posed shots. They can also do "trick" photos where they add in a character to the photo. Many times because of lighting and the lines moving it is difficult to get a really "GREAT" shot with your own personal camera. The photographers just give you a little "photopass card" that you carry around with you or you can get new ones every time, you can add as many as you want to your account before you order. You just have 30 days from the day they were taken to order your CD or prints or other various photo gifts.
When we got home I was able to add borders from their website to many of our photos and ended up with 400. Not as many as I had hoped, but they are still great. I did not include ALL of those on the slideshow, but I think it is a great thing to include as part of your vacation budget!

2 comments:

PJ said...

I am so glad you put all of this on your blog. It makes me want to go back. I can't wait to hear about the upcoming trip.

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for sharing your blog with me. I am so excited now to go to wdw. I think my excitement out ranks the kids. I am glad I got to see all of the BBB pictures. I bought my girl sleeping beauty costumes, their favs, last night online only $31 per costume. After looking at your blog I am going to buy to photo pass cd Thank so much kim from Va