Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Our First and Second Days...

The first day we drove to Valdosta to visit with our best friends all around....well, except Katie, but hers is coming soon I know! :)
We had such a great time! Bethany and I worked on finishing up her delicious made from scratch carrot cake (SO GOOD!) and then we played a game of Quelf. Quelf is always fun! The kids watched a movie, played, wrestled...Katie checked out the book selections...it was just a really fun night!
We headed back to the hotel around 10pm and my parents got there about an hour later. After a pretty good night's sleep we had a great breakfast at the hotel and headed out for the last 3 1/2 hour drive to the Disney area. I was also able to get our breakfast reservations for the Tusker House character breakfast changed from Thursday to Sunday, which I had been trying to do all week! I was so happy! I really wanted to start out with that since we could see all the "main" characters and see Animal Kingdom first, since none of us had ever been there.
We went straight to Downtown Disney because it was too early to check in. We had lunch at Earl of Sandwich. The Downtown Disney area was PACKED! I hadn't thought about it being a Saturday and all the locals PLUS the vacationers would be there! We got our Disney Visa rewards card, picked up a few souvenirs and got out of there! It was time to check in, so we went on over to unload and unpack. The townhouse was so nice again...very clean...cute kids room, except the "wall mural" was really like a thin plastic wall covering...kind of odd and hard to explain, but it could be torn (and was in one spot). That was the only down to our expectations. Anyway, the kids wanted to swim right away, so Corey and Katie and Noah got on in the pool. It was very nice and warm because we had paid for pool heat, but that would prove to be a bad choice later in the week!
Corey and I went out for a quick grocery stop and that was the end of our first and second nights on the road!
Tomorrow: Day 3: Animal Kingdom!!!!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Great recap and loved the pictures! I have already downloaded them to my Picasa program...