Thursday, January 31, 2008

Maybe the support group isn't such a bad idea...

Seeing as I have already changed the itinerary I so well planned just yesterday! LOL!

I am now considering scrapping Animal Kingdom and doing Epcot instead. I have been thinking about Animal Kingdom, and the only "big and exciting" thing there for us to do with the kids at their age is the safari. There are some other time wasters there if you had unlimited time, but when you get right down to it, the safari is the main draw. They have a roller coaster (not for us) a petting zoo (done that) and some shows.

At Epcot, they have these new "Kidcot" stops in each country area. The kids get to make some sort of project or art thing and they get a "passport" stamped. Katie is really interested in other countries: believe it or not we went through a phase where when we were in the car and saw any kind of big hill or mountain she would ask if we were going to Canada. I have no idea where she would have gotten that thought, but that's Katie.

Another thing they have at Epcot is a really cool Nemo ride. Corey and I did the Nemo ride this past summer when we went to Orlando and we really enjoyed it, so I know the kids would.

Another plus to Epcot is that they have an awesome (from what I hear) night fireworks show.

Another plus to Epcot is that the grownups would get to ride Soarin', a really cool simulated hanglider ride. Breathtaking.

So, I think the decision is made. Though you know I have said that before! lol.

They have a sort-of safari ride at Magic Kingdom, it is a boat thing. That could suffice for this trip.

Now I have new planning to do! Our half-day at Epcot!!!

Thanks for reading!

10 comments:

Andysbethy said...

You crack me up, but you have a very valid point. What if you had tried to go to the playhouse Disney thing when it was closed! That would have been horrid. So, good job planning. Just enjoy the planning, don't stress, and ignore Corey's ignoring.
I am still hoping you get to stop and see me, but I will try not to hope too hard. Keep me posted!

Corey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Simmer down now!
I have said something that is not Disney...like..do you need something to drink? Do you need more medicine? Are you feeling any better?
It is been a rough week around here you know. You should know that, you have been here!
Good thing we have something fun to look forward to this week...guess what it is???!?!?!?

Unknown said...

Furthermore...I would love it if you would continue your discussions on your blog...it is sadly neglected and in need of love (funny stories or comments).

Unknown said...

My simmer down comment was in response to a flaming comment made by my husband which he has since the time "suspciously" deleted.

Unknown said...

We could just voice our comments across the living room rather than conduct "balle of the laptops" in the same room! lol.

Unknown said...

just thought I would add one more to be sure this blog wins as carrie's blog with the most comments ever by one person!

Unknown said...

I meant to say "battle" of the laptops...

Corey said...

So, I deleted my original comment because you said it sounded too mean. What I am trying to express is that I am excited about taking the kids to Disney too! That is the coolest place in the world when you are our kids age and I cant wait to see them freak out with joy at the cornucopia of coolness that awaits them. You have also taken good care of me while I have been sick (although, now that I think about it, I think I have been sick ever since this whole "Disney" trip idea popped in your noggin)

Again I want to go to Disney

That better?

Unknown said...

much, thank you.