Thursday, July 23, 2009

Good News/Bad News


Always start with the bad news, right?! Well..... we had to cancel our trip to Disney World! :((((((
Things just didn't work out for us to have the money saved in time. Well, as a matter of fact, we DID have the money saved up. BUT, we had to use that money for some other things right now as we would NEVER pay for a trip to Disney World before I took care of our other responsibilities. We are thankful that we WERE saving for this trip so that we actually had the money there to use when we needed it.

It was coming up to time to make our final payment and after that time it would cost us to cancel, so we had to go ahead and make the choice now. I am very sad, but hope was soon in coming!

The GOOD news is..... we postponed the trip to December again!

I had heard that there were sometimes discounts attached to a person's account on disneyworld.com and if you call they can sometimes tell you about it. Well...I called. The person told me that there was a pin JUST sent out to me for FREE DINING for November and December!!! I was so thrilled and relieved!!!

So, we switched back to our original dates of December 10th-14th and are hoping to get the money saved back up in time to go.

Honestly...... December was our first choice for time of the year to go. The weather will be much nicer and now if we can get the free dining plan then too, there isn't any reason for us to go sooner! We get to see all the Christmas shows and festivities and the crowds will be low that time of year also.

I am very excited again and hoping for the best! The price was cheaper than the October trip also because we changed from 2 day park hoppers to 2 day base tickets. We won't get to park hop, but I think it will be fine because I am hoping TOO that we can do the Christmas party like I went to when I went with Bethany last November. It is SO fun. BUT, if we don't it will still be fine. I am excited to just still have the trip planned and not completely cancelled. It will be a GREAT way to celebrate 10 years together with Corey!

No comments: